The Canadian Federation of Students seeks a Day of Action Fieldworker, based in St. John’s, NL, to help with organizing the November 2 National Day of Action in the region.
Type: Part-time position, three-month contract
Salary: Salary of $18.50 per hour
Hours: Flexible, approximately 10-20 per week
The Day of Action Fieldworker shall undertake duties as directed by the Federation’s Provincial Organizer. Such duties will include but will not be limited to:
- On campus outreach and promotion;
- Planning and facilitating local organizing committees;
- Volunteer recruitment and training;
- Signing up students for action and involvement;
- Presenting to campus clubs;
- Regular reporting to the CFS provincial office;
- Data entry
- Enrolled as a student for the fall 2016 term;
- Strong public speaking ability;
- Experience in campaigns organising;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Current and in-depth experience in the student movement in Canada;
- Current and in-depth knowledge of issues facing post-secondary students in Canada and Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Willingness to travel
The Canadian Federation of Students is an employment equity employer. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, queer and trans people, and women.
Only those candidates contacted for an interview will be notified. Multiple jobs may be posted, please use the following subject line: “Application: Day of Action Fieldworker” Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Application: August 19th, 2016